Friday, December 8, 2006

LJ 1-3a

Consider your own leadership traits. Do you more closely fit with the creative nature from MBA 715 or the organizational nature of MBA 725? Explain your response.

I would say I am a better fit in the organizational nature of MBA725 or the launch stage of a company. My leadership traits have been influenced by my engineering background and procedure writing assignments over the years in manufacturing. My background has been focused in bringing technology from Research and Technology or Development (R&T or R&D) and ensuring that the scale up was successful. My college experience was in basic research and this background allows me to communicate effectively with research engineers, so transfer/scale ups of processes are successful.

So from a leadership stand point, I lead people through change and build their confidence by solving problems. I solve problems by thoroughly investigating the issues and interviewing people involved in the processes. Through listening and acknowledging their concerns, some problems are proactively addressed and I strongly advocate the proactive approach and NOT the reactionary approach. Embracing change and ensuring that the implementation goes as smoothly as possible is what I basically have done at three different companies.

No comments: